"...it's not the training to be mean but the training to be kind that is used to keep us leashed best." ~ Black Dog Red

"In case you haven't recognized the trend: it proceeds action, dissent, speech." ~ davidly, on how wars get done

"...What sort of meager, unerotic existence must a man live to find himself moved to such ecstatic heights by the mundane sniping of a congressional budget fight. The fate of human existence does not hang in the balance. The gods are not arrayed on either side. Poseiden, earth-shaker, has regrettably set his sights on the poor fishermen of northern Japan and not on Washington, D.C. where his ire might do some good--I can think of no better spot for a little wetland reclamation project, if you know what I mean. The fight is neither revolution nor apocalypse; it is hardly even a fight. A lot of apparatchiks are moving a lot of phony numbers with more zeros than a century of soccer scores around, weaving a brittle chrysalis around a gross worm that, some time hence, will emerge, untransformed, still a worm." ~ IOZ

May 13, 2011

Fucking Blogger

Am I the only one who lost posts and comments?

9 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Supposedly they are coming back.

At the moment, my last post (yesterday's) is missing, along with comments on same.
~

Nick said...

All my posts from yesterday are gone, too, as well as any comments made after Wed. morning. I hope they're coming back.

I'm thinking (not for the first time) of moving to WordPress, but that may still be someday in the far future.

Jack Crow said...

I wish I had the extra loot. I'd go it solo, with my own domain name. Thanks for the info, though.

Anonymous said...

Lost quite a few myself.

Yeah, fucking Blogger. Everything that's free in 21st C America will get twisted. See, e.g., hulu... xtranormal... facebook.

BLACK WOMAN THINKS... said...

Your comment from yesterday has disappeared, plus my post re. evolution has also vanished. What is going on?

Jack Crow said...

Blogger fail, BWT.

Wish you were wrong, Karl.

Jonathan Versen said...

No, you weren't the only one, by any means. FWIW I still think blogger is a good value, because I remember what it was like in the Pyra Lab days. According to this web site, downrightnow.com/blogger, they were out for 20 straight hours. No idea how accurate it is, though.

David K Wayne said...

I've lost a few posts. The 'save' option doesn't work a lot of the time. Or half-done ones appeared online without pressing 'publish'. I've had this problem for a while, but now google has been stopping me from signing in. It seems OK now, but was cutting in or out at unexpected times.

senecal said...

I had a long comment on your revolutionary state post, which I believe I saw there, but is now gone. I figured you censored it, because it disagreed with you -- ha, ha!