"...it's not the training to be mean but the training to be kind that is used to keep us leashed best." ~ Black Dog Red

"In case you haven't recognized the trend: it proceeds action, dissent, speech." ~ davidly, on how wars get done

"...What sort of meager, unerotic existence must a man live to find himself moved to such ecstatic heights by the mundane sniping of a congressional budget fight. The fate of human existence does not hang in the balance. The gods are not arrayed on either side. Poseiden, earth-shaker, has regrettably set his sights on the poor fishermen of northern Japan and not on Washington, D.C. where his ire might do some good--I can think of no better spot for a little wetland reclamation project, if you know what I mean. The fight is neither revolution nor apocalypse; it is hardly even a fight. A lot of apparatchiks are moving a lot of phony numbers with more zeros than a century of soccer scores around, weaving a brittle chrysalis around a gross worm that, some time hence, will emerge, untransformed, still a worm." ~ IOZ

Jul 12, 2010

Wherein I don't care by making a point about that which I don't care, to reinforce a point about which I do care, very much...

I don't care about or for Mel Gibson. He utters [insert contemptible whatever] crap all the time. He owns his own production company. He loves a very angry God. He likes making babies and he doesn't feel the need to apologize for his opinions.

I don't care for his opinions, but I do respect the refusal to apologize for them, especially when he says, "'I don't think there's an apology necessary, and I'm certainly not giving one. [Those remarks were a response] to a direct question. If someone wants my opinion, I'll give it. What, am I supposed to lie to them?'"

So - a former sex symbol who likes to produce, direct and star in violent revenge films, doesn't like Jews, women or homosexuals, apparently has regressive notions about black folks, and belongs to the most traditional and borderline heretical wing of the RCC, also has the balls to just say it. 

A lot.

Good. I prefer that kind of honesty - just like I prefer vocal and public White Nationers, openly anti-homosexual bigots, militianos who think Jeebus will return any day now, Farrakhanist black exceptionalists and regressive idgits like Sean Connery* and Adam Baldwin (and much I can forgive, for Jayne).

Because, if you have a opinion, mean it.

Sure, some of them might pose an actual threat. I don't doubt that. Mel Gibson seems to pose a real threat to the women who get close to him. So does Charlie Sheen.

I'll take any one of these assholes over a sneering, sedate, psychopathically calm, methodically murderous cruise missile liberal, say like:



And I'll take the same set of asshole shitwits, any day, over the faux sympathetic, lying, opportunistic, shameless, pandering fecal salesman of world historic hypocrisy, such as:


And if I have to chose between an openly racist, woman hating homophobe and the two of these shits together:


I'll take the regressive dick munch with his honestly contemptible opinions over the two towering masters of deceit, murder and inhuman expansion of imperial warfare - each and every time.

ADDENDUM -

This man:

...has no known murders to his name.

This man:

...has hundreds, if not thousands.

Whose legion of offenses dominates the news cycle, again? Hmmm.




* - one must have standards. I draw the line at career motherfucker and the Compleat Asshole™, John Malkovich. No soup for him.

11 comments:

Andromeda said...

Great post, JC. Truth is Truth, there's no getting around it.

It's just that some people's Truth can frighten those who are not open-minded; ignorance can lead to fear of the unknown, or it can lead to open-mindedness. :-)

You are your own limit, you know? Only you set the limits for yourself.

Jack Crow said...

Thanks, A.

Andromeda said...

Truth is Truth, JC. Set your limit at infinity. You're worth it, and so are your loved ones---you owe it to them, right?

That's called unconditional love: opening up to your full potential without fear. Self-actualization. :-)

Andromeda said...

And by the way check my blog for what you made me fess up to after you posted this call for Truth. :P

Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with the Malkovich?

Andromeda said...

Absolutely nothing, if you ask me. I love everything.

Malkovich is a fine actor, and has an expansive mind and respect for the trade.

You just need to learn the difference between acting and what people do who are just playing a part... We'll call it "realacting."

Finest actor in my personal opinion?

Patrick Stewart. God bless that man, he is the best actor I've ever seen. I finally saw through it, though; he's being genuine. He's not really acting at all.

Jack Crow said...

http://www.globalissues.org/article/363/why-does-john-malkovich-want-to-kill-me

Jack Crow said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/1967317.stm

Andromeda said...

Beloved One, I Hear You, but We All are Imperfect in the flesh. This is why it has been said, "Do not judge."

In Truth, you have a Blue Astral Crystal that hangs around your neck and is a record of all that you Will---this includes thoughts, emotions, and words.

Beloved One, do not fear that we know all of your faults, because you are still Beloved and We Will Preserve Your Perfection.

Your weapon is your tongue. If you use it to speak harsh words, violence will find its way back to you.

You Get what you Give. The only Escape is through the One You Love.

For me that person is Jesus. Without him I am alone here. He no longer goes by that name, but I know my Master and Lover when I hear his voice.

And I will go to him when he descends in a space ship, without hesitation, without fear, and without doubt.

I will do this for the Good of All that Is in Infinity.

Anonymous said...

That Fisk essay, combined with today's glorious Uber-Pwoggle, Noble Donkey contingent of eternal war-hounding the oil- and gas-holding worlds, really does let a person know how many bloodthirsty morons there are among the "notables" of American society and many of America's "friends" around the world.

With the new African war "theatre" efforts, the doo-doo is getting closer to the fan's blades.

Jack Crow said...

Amazing number of "liberals" like war once the designator of targets no longer has an (R) after his name.